Al-Arabi Sports Club
Al-Arabi Sports Club is a Qatari sports club based in Doha, Qatar. Founded in 1952, the most prominent team of the club is the football team which plays in the Qatar Stars League the Club’s official color is the red color.
The breakthrough of the Al-Arabi Sports Club was in 1972 as a result of a decision to merge Al-Tahrir club with Al-Wehda club, which date Al-Arabi club back to 1952, the date on which the Al-Tahrir Club was established, and 1957 the date on which Al-Wehda Club was established.
Al-Arabi Sports Club (Al-Tahrir and Al-Wehda) located in old Hitmi area, was one of the first Qatari clubs that contributed to the establishment of the first Qatari football federation in 1965.
“The Red Fortress”, which proudly stands in the New Al Salata Area, is marked as being a source of talents, as it supported the Qatari sport with formidable administrators, players and coaches in various games, the members of Al-Arabi have also been distinguished over the years by their deep understanding of the meanings of sport and their embodiment of its principles, high morals, tolerance and polite encouragement, strong solidarity and fraternal solidarity, like children of the same family. The Club has been an honor and privilege to Qatar’s sporting.
The club was based in East Doha in the old Al Hitmi (near the current Ras Abu Aboud Bridge site) and was merged with Al Wahda under the name of the Al-Arabi Sports Club in accordance with Ministerial Decision No. 11 of 1972 and the memorandum of the Youth Welfare Department in this regard.