In the framework of the application of governance in the field of cultural centers, and to achieve the principle of transparency, integrity and accounting in the cultural centers of the Ministry of Culture, as non-profit organizations; and in the light of international legislation, national standards and requirements, with the aim of developing and supporting measures of self-regulation of organizations, supervising and monitoring them within the framework of State policy, protecting the sector of non-profit organizations from exploitation in illegal acts, and enhancing the confidence of donors and granting entities, the Ministry of Culture cooperates with the Charitable Works Authority and the Ministry of Economy and Trade to provide the necessary data. This is based on Law No. 1 of 2020 of the Unified Economic Register, under which a unified economic register is established in the Ministry of Commerce, which aims to support the transparency of economic and financial transactions, through the collection, preservation and availability of basic data, information and documents for economic enterprises, legal arrangements and non-profit organizations, public businesses, required information, data and documents relating to real beneficiaries, preservation and availability to the public, and stakeholders. The Unified Economic Register on real beneficiaries is made of the following records, such as that of the non-profit organizations. Each competent authority (the Ministry of Culture in the case of cultural centers) shall record all basic information and data that allow the identification of the license applicant or the record done in the register and any amendments or changes to the time limits and procedures specified by the applicable law; and all registers must be linked to the Unified Economic Register.
- Those wishing to apply for the establishment of a cultural club can do so in accordance with the Law on Clubs (No. 4 of 1984).
- Applicants must follow the necessary procedures, and fill out the application form of a cultural entity – or a founders’ club.
- Cultural centers must fill out forms of basic data for the non-profit organization register in both Arabic and English. These forms are available on the website of the Ministry of Culture.
- Moral persons and legal arrangements (cultural centers) must maintain a thorough, accurate and up-to-date record of the required information about the real beneficiaries, and provide a copy of it to the competent authority (Ministry of Culture).
- The competent authorities (Ministry of Culture) must make basic information on cultural centers available (non-profit organizations and public businesses).
In order to achieve transparency and application of governance, the competent department (in the Ministry of Culture) must urgently exchange basic and required information on real beneficiaries with foreign counterparts, at the request of those authorities in accordance with the rules and laws in force, on the basis of arrangements or memorandums of understanding, or in accordance with the principle of reciprocity, and in a manner that does not conflict with the basic principles of the legal system in the State of Qatar, and for purposes related to strengthening the transparency of economic and financial transactions and identifying real beneficiaries and exchanging information for tax purposes, and review of sanctions contained in the Unified Economic Register Act.
- Target audience:
All cultural entities of the Ministry of Culture (cultural centers and clubs) and cultural institutions, private of public interest, shall operate in accordance with the law regulated and shall register through relevant authorities such as the Ministry of Justice or the Ministry of Social Development and Family; as the case may be.
- Contact details:
Click on the links below to download the files: